Department Mission Statement
In concert with the values and spirit of the community, the Community Development Department is committed to:
- Properly and professionally guide the development of the City
- Protect and enhance the quality of life for all Sandy citizens
- Bring about efficient and effective delivery of services
- Implement technology that will provide accurate data that will assist in making informed decisions
- Promote community pride and cooperation
The Community Development Department has been charged with the enforcement of the Sandy City Property Maintenance Ordinance.
The Community Development Department provides support staff for three City Boards and Commissions as well as two citizens committees. They are:
- Planning Commission
- Board of Adjustment (Zoning Related)
- Board of Appeals (Building Code Related)
- Beautification Committee
- Historic Preservation Committee
Civic Center DIGS Document
The Sandy City Civic Center 30 Year Development Plan includes several sections, which are currently in stages of completion. These implementation documents will be adopted as City code and will guide development envisioned in the Development Plan. The first of these documents is the Development Implementation Guidelines and Standards (DIGS). This document is a hybrid form-based code designed to regulate what uses and building types will be permitted in the Civic Center area.
Download the DIGS document here, but be warned, it is a large PDF document approximately 90 mB in size.