Downloadable forms are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view them. The program is free and can be downloaded by clicking here.
Documents by Division
General Applications and Forms
- Special Event Permit Application for events on public property
- Temporary Use/Event Permit for events on private property
- Citizenship in the Community Merit Badge Packet. This selection of pages is useful for boy scouts who are working on the merit badge requirements.
- OneStop Business Registration. A one-stop shop to register your business entity with the state of Utah, including DBA, Sales Tax Number and Employer Identification Number. At the end of the process, you can print off a pre-populated business license application form that can be filed at the Sandy City license office.
- Commercial Business License Application
For those businesses that will be locating in a commercial zone. Please contact the license office at (801) 568-7252 if the business intends to sell or allow the consumption of alcohol, is a pawn shop or a second hand dealer, a dealer in firearms, or a sexually oriented business, for additional documents and information.
- Commercial License Update Application
For those businesses already in possession of a Sandy City Business License, but wish to notify the City of a change in location, business name, nature of business, adding or removing a partner or officer. This form cannot be used to transfer ownership or a license.
- Alcoholic Beverage Business License Application
For those businesses that will desire to sell alcoholic beverages, including on-site and off-site consumption. Required to be completed each year the regular business license is renewed.
- Contractor Reciprocal License Application (including updates)
For those businesses that are in possession of a DOPL license as a general contractor. If the business is located in a commercial zone, this application must accompany a Commercial Business License application.
- Sub-Contractor Reciprocal License Application (including updates)
For those businesses already in possession of a Sandy City Business License, but wish to notify the City of a change in location, business name, nature of business, adding or removing a partner or officer. If the business is located a commercial zone, the application must accompany a Commercial License Update Application. This form cannot be used to transfer ownership or a license.
- City Ordinances Regulating Home Occupations - for information on businesses to be located within a residence.
- Home Occupation Business License Application
- Home Occupation Application - Renter Letter of Permission form
- Home Occupation Update Application - For those businesses already in possession of a Sandy City license, but wish to change the name of the business, the location (within Sandy City), or the nature of the business. This form cannot be used to transfer ownership of a license.
- South Towne Exposition Center
For promoters of licensable events held at the Sandy South Towne Expo Center. Each event is separately licensable.
- Temporary/Itinerant/Solicitor License Application
For those businesses which are temporary in nature such as an Itinerant Merchant, a Door-to-Door Solicitor or a applicant for a temporary parking lot sale.
- Fireworks Stands and Sales
For seasonal businesses that sell fireworks in tents, stands or in stores.
CDBG Applications and Forms
Please visit the CDBG page for more information regarding CDBG programs.
Board of Adjustment Applications
Visit the Board of Adjustment page for more information.
Planning and Zoning Applications
Visit the Planning and Zoning page for more information about current and long-range planning in Sandy City.
Commercial Site Plan Review (SPR)
- Commercial SPR Checklist and Procedure
- Preliminary SPR Checklist
- Final SPR Checklist
- Modified Commercial SPR Checklist and Procedure
Conditional Use Permits
- Subdivision Checklist and Procedure
- Preliminary Subdivision Review Checklist
- Final Subdivision Review Checklist
- Preliminary TND-PUD Review Checklist
- Final TND-PUD Review Checklist
- Preliminary Condo Review Checklist
- Final Condo Review Checklist
Other Planning and Zoning Applications, Procedures and Lists
- Sign Permit Application
- Special Exception Application
- Non-conforming Status
- Standards for an Accessory Apartment
- No Accessory Apartment Allowed Affadavit
- Extended Living Area Affadavit
- Rezoning Application
- Code Amendment Application
- Annexation Procedure
- Lot Line Adjustment Application
- GRAMA Request
- Street Vacation Request
- Telecom Application
- Utility Company List