The Sandy City Building & Safety Division is located in room 210 at City Hall. This Division is headed by Scott Marsell, Sandy Chief Building Official, and has two sections: Permitting & Inspections and Code Enforcment.
The Permitting & Inspections Section is charged with performing the following activities:
- Review each residential building permit and associated materials for compliance with the International Residential Code (IRC).
- Review each commercial building permit and associated materials for compliance with the International Building Code (IBC).
- Perform inspections upon buildings under construction to verify compliance with the minimum standards set forth in the Building Code (either the IRC or IBC)
- Inspect new businesses to verify compliance with the minimum requirements for the Building Code (which includes the access requirements for persons with a disability).
The Permitting and Inspections Section is proud to serve our community by ensuring that all legally constructed buildings are safe. You may learn more about our functions through the following links:
Building questions, permits and/or inspection requests should be directed to the Building & Safety Permit Tech at 801-568-7251.
The Code Enforcement Section is charged with performing the following activities:
- Enforce the City's Land Development Code (Zoning Ordinance) and portions of the City's Municipal Code (i.e., weeds and junk)
- Forward cases to the City Prosecutor to prosecute violators of land use and municipal code violations at the Sandy City Justice Court and/or the 3rd District Court of the State of Utah.
Code Enforcement complaints, questions and concerns should be directed to the Code Enforcement Tech at 801-568-7254.