Pay a Fine
Payment options are listed below below. If you need to make payments over time, first call the court at 801-568-7160 and a clerk will review your options with you.
PLEASE NOTE: THE ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR THOSE CONSIDERING TRAFFIC SCHOOL!!
If you are considering traffic school, please call the court during normal business hours to determine eligibility (801-568-7160, M-F 8:45-5:00).
- If you pay your citation online and later request traffic school for this case and are eligible, you will be assessed an additional $25.00 court costs over and above the normally assessed fees!
- On-line payments for offenses not requiring an appearance before a judge will be accepted as a bail forfeiture which is legally considered the same as a guilty plea and by law will be reported to the Utah Driver License Division. An already approved Plea-in Abeyance agreement is not a bail forfeiture.
On line payments are assessed a $2.00 convenience fee. Payments may take up to 2 business days to apply to your case.
- DO NOT SEND CASH !
- Personal checks and money orders are accepted.
- Checks should be made out to : Sandy Justice Court
- Please put your case number on the check to ensure application to your case.
Mail payments to:
Sandy Justice Court
210 W. Sego Lily Dr. (10000 S.)
Sandy, UT 84070-3282
Credit Card Payments
- The Sandy Justice Court accepts the following credit/debit cards:
- Credit/debit card payments may be made online, by phone, by mailed or faxed authorization or in person.
- Courtesy Bail Notices and Delinquent Notices each have a returnable credit card payment authorization which can be mailed or faxed.
- To make a online payment, click here. There will be a $2.00 convenience fee assessed for this service.
- Phone payments are accepted between 8:45 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. weekdays except holidays. There is a $2.00 convenience fee assessed for this service. Please call 801-568-7160.
- The court accepts a properly executed authorization by mail or fax: 801-568-7166. Click here to download a Credit Card Payment Authorization form.
- NOTE: This form is in Adobe® format (.pdf). If you don't already have the reader, click here for a link to download the free reader from Adobe.com.
Be sure to call the court to verify that your fax was received.
- The court does not accept e-mail authorizations.
Pay in Person
- While the Sandy Justice Court prefers payment by mail, the court is open weekdays from 8:45 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. for walk up payments.
- Click here for directions to the court.
- Returned checks incur a mandatory $20.00 service charge.
- Any returned check not cleared within 30 days results in:
- An added Class "C" misdemeanor charge and
- The issuance of a cash-only arrest warrant.
- Payment to clear a returned check must be: cash, certified check, money order or approved credit card.
- Future payments on such cases must also be: cash, certified check, money order or approved credit card.