Bulk WasteFind your bulk waste day
BULK WASTE PROGRAM GUIDELINES
The 2015 spring bulk waste collection will begin March 9 and continue through June 1. All residents will be receiving a bright green card in the mail the week of February 17. The front of the card will show your pickup date.
- Place waste on the curb in front of your home no later than 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled day. We ask that you put your waste out for collection no sooner than 2 days prior to your collection date.
- We ask that residents place all green waste (branches, shrubs, etc) in one pile so that it can be mulched. Place all other waste in another pile at least 2 feet away from green waste. In addition, don't park vehicles within 15 feet of either pile. We make every effort to mulch green waste, however due to time constraints, these items may be placed in the same truck for disposal.
- We will not accept: Rocks, concrete, gravel, dirt, or sod. Any construction debris such as sheetrock, glass, roofing materials, tile, bricks, or fence posts with concrete. Vehicle parts, tires, or propane tanks. Oil, gas, batteries, paint, flammable, toxic or hazardous materials (for disposal of Household Hazardous Waste, call 385-468-3862 or 801-974-6902).
- Material, including tree limbs and stumps should not exceed 4 feet in length or 18 inches in diameter. Items exceeding this may not be collected.
- Loose material such as leaves, twigs, pine needles, and wood chips should be placed in trash bags or boxes. These items may also be placed inside your garbage container for regular weekly collection.
- Items containing freon (refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners) must have the chemical removed by a professional and a copy of the receipt attached to the item.
- Lawn mowers and snow blowers must have the oil and gasoline removed. These actions must be completed before the items will be accepted at the landfill.
- 55-gallon containers must be emptied and have the tops removed.
- Recycle items that can be reused at a local charity.
- Scavenging through piles is discouraged but unenforceable by law.
- If you see illegal dumping, please get the license plate number and contact the Police Department at 801-799-3000.
- If you see waste placed curbside sooner than allowed (2 days prior to the pick up date), please contact Code Enforcement at 801-568-7254.
If you have any questions about this or the City's year-round dumpster program, please contact the Public Works Department at 801-568-2999.
FOR HAZARDOUS WASTE DISPOSAL, PLEASE CALL 385-468-3862.
(This service does not apply to businesses, apartments, condominiums, mobile home parks, or residents of Salt Lake County.)