The off leash-dog park is in Sandy has been a huge success. The site is one acre fenced in with trees, benches, and a walking trail. Due to water conservation standards we will use Dwarf Tall Fescue, a type of grass that is more drought tolerant and uses 25% less water than blue grass.
PARK SCHEDULE UPDATE - STARTING OCTOBER 14, 2019 THE GRAVEL SIDE WILL ONLY BE OPEN - GRASS AREA CLOSED UNTIL APRIL 2020!
DOG PARK HOURS
- 7 am to DUSK
Dog Park Rules
- Users of this facility do so at their own risk. Sandy City shall not be liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog in the off-leash area.
- Dog feces must be cleaned up by owners.
- Dog owners must be in the park and within view of their dogs (maximum of three dogs per owner).
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on the premises. Dogs must be removed from the dog park at the first sign of aggression.
- Dog owners must have a leash in hand at all times.
- Keep small children and infants under strict supervision. Remember, this is a playground for dogs -- not children!
- Leash dogs while entering and exiting the dog park
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited from entering the dog park.
- Fill any hole your dog digs.
- Dogs should be under voice control.
- Don't bring dogs younger than four months to the park. They won't have the necessary inoculations to allow them to play safely with other dogs.
- Make sure your dog is current on his/her shots & has a valid dog license.
- Sandy City reserves the right to close the Park due to rule violations, maintenance, weather related problems and special events.
ALL DOG OWNERS WHO FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE RULES CAN BE TICKETED BY POLICE AND ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICERS.