Grandpa's Pond (Urban Fishery) is a gem hidden on the western edge of Sandy City next to the Jordan River. Opened in 2009, the Sandy Urban Fishery is a 14 acre park with a 3 acre fish pond, pavilion, and playground area.
- Handicap accessible, 3 acre fish pond with maximum 12 ft. depth
- Fishing dock
- Fish cleaning station
- Park pavilion with 6 tables, a playground area, and one acre of grass
- Restrooms and drinking fountain
- 58 parking stalls
- The fish pond is stocked regularly by the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. It is stocked with Bluegill, Trout and Small-mouth Bass. Anglers 12 years old and older must have a fishing license to fish. There is a limit of 2 fish.
Directions to get here
- From Sandy, travel West on Sego Lily Drive (9800 South), under I-15. Continue West as the road turns in to Shields Lane until approximately 900 West. Turn right into the Sandy Urban Fishery just before crossing the Jordan River.
Pavilion Reservation Information
- The pavilion at the Sandy Urban Fishery is available for reservations. To reserve, click here.
- For additional pavilion reservation information, click here!
- The park is open from sunrise to 10:00 p.m. daily.