Please use our online job application to apply for any of the jobs listed below.
Animal Services Officer
- Type:Full Time, Benefitted
- Salary/Pay Rate:$17.25/hour
- Posted Date:01/30/2019
CLOSING DATE: Department will begin reviewing applications on February 11, 2019 and position can close any time after this date. However, applications will continue to be accepted until position is filled.
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Animal Services Director or designee, is responsible for enforcing the Animal Control ordinances of Sandy City and the State of Utah.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma or equivalent. Must be at least 18 years of age at time of application deadline. Valid Utah Driver’s License. Must be able to obtain the following certifications within two years of hire: Tranquilizer Gun Certification and Euthanasia Certification. A one-year probationary period is a prerequisite to this position. Must have or be able to obtain a knowledge of animal control ordinances and department procedures; civil search and seizure; privacy, security and Freedom of Information rights; federal, local and state animal control regulations; animal care, handling and first aid; drugs and approved methods used to euthanize, medicate and sedate animals; public relations; cash receipts; and computer entry.
An applicant must:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age at time of application deadline.
- Not have been convicted of a crime which could have been punished by imprisonment in the penitentiary of this or another state
- Not have been convicted of an offense involving dishonesty, unlawful sexual conduct, physical violence, or domestice violence
- Not have been convicted of the unlawful use, sale or possession of a controlled substance in the past 5 years
- Must demonstrate good moral character as determined by a background investigation
- Must be free of any physical, emotional, or mental conditions that might adversely affect the performance of duty
All Applicants will be required to submit the following documents online at the time of application:
- Completed Sandy City Application for Employment
- Sandy City Police Department addendum for Animal Services Officer (complete addendum and upload as an attachment with online application).
- Current Resume (upload as an attachment with online application).
ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE TO BE CONSIDERED IN THIS RECRUITMENT.
NOTE: Applications may only be submitted online. If you don’t have access to a computer you can visit Sandy City Human Resources office to apply at 10000 Centennial Parkway (10000 S. 170 W.) Sandy, Utah. Sandy City will provide reasonable accommodations for any applicant during the examination and selection process. If you have special needs or questions, please call 801-568-7151. Sandy City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, protected veteran’s status or other classes protected by applicable federal, state and local employment law. Sandy City is a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Must pass drug test before hire.