How to obtain a Dog Hobby Permit...
A Dog Hobby permit entitles the recipient to maintain 5 adult dogs on a qualifying property and is the only exception to the 2 dog maximum allowed by city ordinance. If you would like to apply for a Hobby Permit you must complete the following steps:
- Download the Hobby Permit Packet and read carefully.
- Make improvements to your property as outlined in the Hobby Permit Packet, including the establishing of a kennel, (required even for indoor dogs.)
- Gather vaccination records for each animal. Current Rabies Vaccinations Required.
- Fill out the form on the last page of the packet.
- Contact Animal Services (801) 352-4450. An Animal Services Officer will inspect your property and review your application.
Once you are in compliance with the requirements, your Permit will be approved and a $70 annual fee will be assessed.
**Hobby Permits are subject to the continual compliance of related city ordinances and the guidelines of the Hobby Permit Packet. Failure to meet and maintains these requirements may result in permits revocation at anytime.
(You may download and print the Dog Hobby Information packet and the Permit Application below.)