Your description of your pet may vary widely from the description on a kennel card or given by a finder. We ask that you consider doing the following.
- Visit the animal shelter, look at our pets and if yours is not here fill out a lost animal card. Mixed breed animals are easily misidentified by owners, finders and our officers.
- Contact your local animal hospitals and clinics. If your pet was injured it may have been brought to a clinic for treatment.
How to prevent losing your pet...
- Always keep a collar and I.D. tag on your pets.
- Don't allow your pets to roam, untethered. Many dogs stray when the owner lets the dog out for just a minute and becomes distracted.
- Make sure that your pets are wearing identification. Did I say that twice? It must be important. Many of the pets that come to our shelter are never reunited with their owners because they have no identification.