Animal licenses are required for all dogs and cats 4 months and older. It is the means by which Animal Service Officers regulate and keep current the rabies vaccinations in our pet population. Rabies is a deadly virus that requires immediate treatment (more information about rabies).
In order to receive a license each animal must have a current rabies vaccination. All license applications must include a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate issued by a licensed veterinarian. Because a valid certificate must be presented to an Animal Service official, online registration cannot be offered.
Application may be made through the mail or in person at the Sandy City Animal Shelter.
Sandy City Animal Services
8715 S. 700 W.
Sandy Utah, 84070
Monday - Friday: 8:30am to 5:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am to 1:00pm
- Unaltered Dogs & Cats: $45
- Spayed or Neutered Dogs & Cats: $6 (proof of sterilization required)
- Spayed or Neutered Dogs & Cats with proof of microchip: $3
- Seniors 65 years or older are granted FREE licenses These must be renewed and rabies vaccinations kept current.
- Rabies vaccinations are required for all dogs and cats 4 months and older.
- All pets (dogs & cats) must be restrained on the owner's property or under control of a leash at all times.
- Only 2 dogs are permitted at one residence.
- Dogs must not bark or howl so that they disturb any person or neighborhood.
- Any animal that bites hard enough to break the skin must be quarantined 10 days for observation.
- Female pets in heat must be enclosed so that male pets are not attracted and so that neither sex becomes a public nuisance.
- Animals must have adequate water, shelter, and care at all times.
- Any pet maintained at a residence for more than 30 days must be licensed with the city.
- A valid license from another agency may be transferred and exchanged for a Sandy City license for $1.00.
- Licenses are valid for 1 year from date of issue; tag must be worn and vaccination records kept by the owner.
For addition laws and ordinances, download the Title 3.