Friday & Saturday August 10th and 11th
Balloons set up at approximately 6:30am. Launches approximately 7am-8am.
Storm Mountain Park (980 E 11400 S, Sandy, UT)
Work hands on with the pilots as they prep the balloons for launch! They always need some extra helpers each morning, show up early and get a hands on experience. Bright Eyes Coffee will be there selling muffins, smoothies, coffee, hot chocolate, and plenty more to give you the fuel you need to walk between the balloons as they set-up and take off. Re/Max will be there to offer tethered rides so you can get a view from up above and get a first hand flight just like our pilots! Sandy Parks and Rec will have a tent for Balloon Fun Saturday morning only: crafts and free helium balloons!
Balloon Glow will take place Saturday evening from 7-11 pm on the Sandy Promenade (10000 S Centennial Parkway, Sandy, UT)
*weather permitting *balloons will not launch
Take a walk between the giant hot air balloons as they inflate and glow! There will be bounce houses, live music, a huge variety of food vendors and food trucks, and glow in the dark face painting!
Cinders will be performing @ the Glow from 8-10 pm.
South Promenade (10000 S Centennial Parkway)
"I've never been this happy, and I'll never be this happy again!" Cinders' vocalists Jordan Zabriskie and Montana Smith exclaim in harmony on their debut, self titled album. Bursting onto the Salt Lake City music scene in 2015, Cinders is a six-piece indie-pop/alternative-rock band best described by fans as "Rowdy acoustic pop". With their perfect mix of catchy melodies and high energy performances, they won't leave you standing still and are sure to put a smile on your face.
Since their formation, Cinders has put in their whole heart to create a fun and relatable sound, that fans of any genre can enjoy. The band independently wrote and recorded a twelve song debut album. Before the release, they showcased two singles and a music video which accumulated over a half a million streams on playlists and videos worldwide. With great anticipation Cinders released their album to a sold out hometown crowd. After their local release, they hit the road completing a west coast tour and ended with a packed Salt Lake show.
With quick success, their album accumulated over 1,000,000 streams on Spotify. They have shared the stage with bands such as Cold War Kids, Jr. Jr., and Milo Greene, as well as being a part of the same festivals as Young The Giant, Purity Ring, and Barcelona.
-Know Before You Go-
**Launches and glow are all WEATHER DEPENDENT**
*Bring your camera so you can submit your photos in our annual Balloon Festival Photo Contest. Use the hashtag #sandyballoonfest18 to be entered for some awesome prizes!*
*NO DRONES ALLOWED*
Friday & Saturday Launches:
- The hot air balloons will take off from Storm Mountain Park.Pilots will start gathering at the park around 6:30 AM and will inflate balloons and launch when weather conditions allow which is usually between 7 AM and 8 AM
- There will be rides available ONLY at the tethered REMAX balloon.Please don’t ask pilots to give you a ride in their balloon
- Bright Eyes Coffee will be at both launches selling coffee, hot chocolate, smoothies, muffins, so you can sleep in a little longer and get breakfast at the park!Cash & card will be accepted
- Balloons will NOT launch if there is any wind, rain, lightening, or risky weather in the forecast
- There will not be any parking in the Storm Mountain parking lot, park on the street or in open lots surrounding the park
Saturday Evening Glow:
- Balloons will NOT launch they light up with their flames once it’s dark and stay in place
- Parking will not be available on the promenade.Parking is available in the Hale Centre Theatre parking structure, at Sandy City Hall and in surrounding lots.
- Cinders will put on an amazing show on the stage from 8-10 PM
- Bounce houses and a foam pit will be set-up on the south end of the promenade
- Glow in the dark face painting and plenty of food choices
Cash & card will be accepted