Distribution of Candy, Fliers, Coupons, etc.
Due to safety concerns, throwing items of any kind from a float, trailer, vehicle, or buggy is strictly prohibited. However, those wishing to distribute such items may hand them out as they walk along the parade route. Any food item that is not individually pre-packaged shall not be distributed. Jumping on and off vehicles, floats, trailers etc. is prohibited.
Any person violating these rules, or acting in an unsafe manner will be asked to exit the parade, and will be prohibited from participating in future parades.
- The safety, liability and operation of your float, group or organization is your sole responsibility.
- Entry applications will not be accepted when the parade committee, in its sole discretion and judgment, determines an entry to be controversial, unlawful, or otherwise considered to be inconsistent with the standards or the purposes of the Sandy City Fourth of July Parade.
- Miscellaneous vehicle entries will not be allowed by the Parade Committee. A car club may submit one application listing each vehicle separately. Antique auto entries will be considered on individual merit.
- Reasonable discretion is allowed concerning the number of individuals permitted to ride a float.
- Any printed material whether distributed or displayed is permitted; as long as it is in good taste.
- Routines should be designed to permit constant forward movement.
- All construction should be complete before float arrives in assembly area. Work on the floats in the staging area will not be permitted.
- Float size requirements are as follows: Maximum heights - 14 feet: Maximum width - 15 feet: Maximum length - 65 feet.
- Judging of the floats will start at 4:30 p.m. All floats must be in the staging area at that time.
- The following companies may be of assistance to you in securing, building and/or decorating a float:
- Modern Display: 424 South 700 East, Salt Lake City, 801-355-7427
- IDC (Innovative Design Concepts) 925 W. 100 N. Suite B, North Salt Lake, 801-936-1306
- Creative Concepts: 6791 Sparrowtail Road, West Joran, Utah 801-577-8635
- Floats may not be torn down on site.
- The Parade Committee must be informed if amplified sound will be used on the float. This will determine where you will be placed in the parade lineup.
- Entries will be judged and awarded by the Parade Committee on the following system:
- Beauty / Artistry
- Originality of Float Theme
- How well the float depicts the parade theme
Special Awards for entries may be made at the discretion of the Parade Committee.