Auditions for Shrek The Musical Jr.
- Sign up for an audition time here
- Download Audition Form here
- Download Character Description here
- Download Audition Tips here
Auditions for the Sandy Arts Guild’s production ofShrek The Musical Jr. will be held on Saturday, February 17, 9 am – 12 noon and Wednesday, February 21, 5:30 – 9:00 pm. Callbacks are by invitation on Saturday, February 24. The show will run April 25-28. Stephanie Chatterton is the director/choreographer and music direction is by Eric Richards.
Needed are boys and girls in 1st - 12th grade. All parts are open. Be prepared to sing 32 bars of an up-tempo musical theater piece in a similar style as “Shrek The Musical.” An accompanist will be available. Please bring music; no minus tracks or recorded music. The directors have requested that all auditioners bring a list of scheduling conflicts from February 24 through April 28, as well as a current photo and resume.
All auditions and callbacks will be held in the auditorium at Mount Jordan Middle School, 9360 South 300 East, Sandy. Reserved audition times are highly recommended, but not required. To reserve an audition time, please click here. We request that you sign up for a time on Saturday, February 17, if you are going to be in town for the President’s Day weekend. Please download the Audition Form, Character Descriptions and Audition Tips.
- There is a $20 fee for those cast in the show. If more than one member of a family is cast in the show, the fee for additional family members is $10 each.
- There is a mandatory daytime performance on April 25 that will necessitate missing school in the morning.
- There are two performances on Saturday, April 28. You will be called from 3-9 pm.
- Younger cast members will have limited rehearsal and performance time.
- Parents of youth cast in the show are required to serve on a committee AND help with supervision at rehearsals and performances.
- An adult is required to attend the casting meeting the morning of March 3.
To help prepare for auditions, you are invited to attend an “Audition Prep Workshop” to be held Saturday, February 3, 10:00 AM, Mount Jordan Middle School, 9360 South 300 East, Sandy.
Send inquires to email@example.com.