Small business has always been a big part of Sandy City’s history. The opportunity to build a business has long been an important part of the American Dream. Sandy is a big supporter of small business ownership.
Small business is the backbone of American innovation but to be successful, you have to have the courage to go for it but more importantly, the tools and resources to know how to do it.
Here in Sandy we have a myriad of partners and resources to help you start or grow your small business.
Sandy’s Economic Development staff are educated and prepared to assist small businesses in many ways from finding resources to help get your business started to helping fill out the small business loan application and developing a business plan.
Research says that if you need to change, or want to help business grow and develop, setting a positive vision for the future is more likely to generate success. To do so successfully, you need the proper guidance and support.
Sandy City and its partners below, provide the tools and resources to assist your small business grow and succeed!.
- Business Licensing – Offers reduced fees and charges for small businesses.
- Zoning – Staff available to ensure the site is zoned correctly for your needs.
- Crime Prevention – Police department provides training for safe business practices.
- Fire Safety training – Fire personnel are available to inspect your business and offer training.
- Emergency Management – Learn what to do in an emergency. Is your business going to succeed and keep going after a disaster?
Sandy Area Chamber
- Business Institute – Sandy Redevelopment Agency provides funding to help local Sandy businesses pay for enrollment in the Business Institute courses.
- Business Accelerator – Grow and transform your business with classes in marketing sales, accounting and everything in between.
Miller Business Resource Center
- Miller Business Resource Center – Home to many programs and resources to get your small business going.
- Small Business Resource Center – Find whatever you need to grow your business.
- Business Incubator – Jumpstart your small business with specialized coaching programs and tools.
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses – A program for small businesses that links learning to action.
- Utah Small Business Development Center – The SBDC leads the way in education, advocacy and business development.
State of Utah
- Utah Governor's Office Of Economic Development – Effective economic development tools for business expansion, workforce development and growth.
- Starting a business in Utah – Learn everything you need to know about starting a business in Utah.
Small Business Administration
- Small Business Administration – Find classes, counselors and loan information to help your business.
- SBA Learning – Learn to plan, launch, manage and grow your business.
- SBA Loans & Grant – Find an SBA lender near you to help fund your business.
- SLCo Library Research Room –Premium online business resources and databases available.