Small Business Administration (SBA) research shows that at least 25 percent of businesses that close following disastrous events never reopen. And those that do, struggle just to stay afloat.
Through our City's Emergency Management department, we are establishing the Sandy City Ready Your Business program. This will be the regular (quarterly) connection between Sandy City, its business partners and others with issues regarding emergency preparedness. Future agenda items for these meetings will include:
- The 12-Point "Ready Your Business" program provided by the State of Utah
- Data Protection, Storage, and Recovery
- Building Inspections for Businesses Following a Disaster
- CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) training for employees
- SBA loans for businesses following a disaster
- Establishing a Business Emergency Communications Plan
- Conducting a Vulnerability Assessment
- Workplace Evacuation and Sheltering
If you have any questions, please contact Sandy City's Emergency Manager, Jeffory Mulcahy, at 801-568-7279 or by email.