Events and Activities
Recruit Academy Day
Have you ever thought of becoming a Firefighter/EMT?
- Saturday, March 23, 2019
- 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Jr. Firefighter Academy
The Jr. Firefighter Academy is available on the following dates:
- June 18-20, 2019 from 9:00 AM -12:00 PM
- August 6-8, 2019 from 9:00 AM -12:00 PM
The Babysitting Academy is available on the following dates:
- March 7, 2019 from 3:30 - 6:30 PM **FULL**
- July 16, 2019 from 9:00 AM -12:00 PM
- July 18, 2019 from 9:00 AM -12:00 PM
- November 7, 2019 from 3:30 - 6:30 PM
**If the class is full, you may fill out the application to join the waiting list**
"Sound the Alarm" Program
Sandy City Fire Department has partnered with the American Red Cross with the goal to install 1,000 smoke alarms in Sandy residents by October. If you are a Sandy resident and are in need of smoke alarms, please call (801) 568-2930.
View the recent KUTV News article
For more information, visit the American Red Cross's website.
- PREVENT emergencies through public education and positive code enforcement.
- MITIGATE emergencies and disasters through proper planning and preparedness.
- RESPOND promptly and efficiently to all emergencies involving fire, medical or environmental concerns.