- Firefighter/EMT (Must currently be on the Metro Fire Testing Consortium List) (Deadline to apply 4/16/18)
- Fire Inspector I (Open Until Filled)
Events and Activities
The Citizen's Academy is a great hands on experience to learn more about the fire department.
Our next academy is offered:
Thursday, April 12, 2018 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Thursday, April 26, 2018 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Thursday, May 3, 2018 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Thursday, May 10, 2018 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Saturday, May 12, 2018 9:00 PM - 10:00 AM
For more information and to apply to the Spring Citizen's Academy, please visit the webpage.
Junior Firefighter's Academy
Two sessions are offered Tuesday-Thursday from 9:00 AM to Noon:
- Session 1: June 12th - 14th
- Session 2: August 14th - 16th
For more information and to apply to the Junior Firefighter's Academy, please visit the webpage.
"Sound the Alarm" Program
Sandy City Fire Department has partnered with the American Red Cross with the goal to install 1,000 smoke alarms in Sandy residents by October. If you are a Sandy resident and are in need of smoke alarms, please call (801) 568-2930.
View the recent KUTV News article
For more information, visit the American Red Cross's website.
- PREVENT emergencies through public education and positive code enforcement.
- MITIGATE emergencies and disasters through proper planning and preparedness.
- RESPOND promptly and efficiently to all emergencies involving fire, medical or environmental concerns.