Sandy City Fire Department knows that many children dream of someday becoming a firefighter. We want to use that enthusiasm to teach kids about fire safety and to give them an insider's view of what life as a firefighter is really like!
The participants of this academy will learn about fire safety, the science of fire, basic first aid, the life of a firefighter, and much more. On the last day, the kids will operate a fire hose, complete a combat challenge and play games that will help them understand some of the requirements necessary to become a firefighter. We will also have a graduation ceremony where each participant will be presented with a certificate of completion and their picture in bunker gear.
To enroll your child:
Application can be completed online.
**Please note: You will receive an email within 3 business days to confirm that your child is enrolled.
Tuesday-Thursday from 9:00 AM to Noon
- Session 1: June 18 - 20, 2019 **FULL**
- Session 2: August 6 - 8, 2019 **FULL**
**If the class is full, you may fill out the application to join the waiting list**
- Tuesday and Wednesday: Sandy Fire Station 31: 9010 S 150 E
- Thursday: Wildflower Park: 9939 S. Wildflower Road, Sandy. Children should be dropped off at the park.
- Children ages 8-10 (only 25 spots available for each session)
- $35 per child for Sandy City residents
- $45 per child for non-residents of Sandy City
Payments must be made within 15 days to confirm their spot. Payments can be made one of three ways:
- Please make check payable to Sandy City Corporation and mail to:
9010 S 150 E
Sandy, Utah 84070
- Call (801) 568-2944 with credit card or debit payment.
- Come into Station 31 (9010 S 150 E, Sandy) and pay with credit card, debit or check.
Office hours are Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM.
- Lenore Corey or Kimberly Hornberger
Fire & Life Safety Specialist