To schedule a new business fire inspection call (801) 568-2938 at least 24 hours prior.
- Mounting height shall be not greater then 5' to the top and not less than 4" from the bottom to the ground.
- Extinguishers may be placed in cabinets or mounted on hangers or brackets securely to the mounting surface.
- Shall not be obstructed or obscured from view.
- Minimum size is a 2A 10BC or as indicated in the IFC 2006 906.3.
- Extension cords must not be substituted for permanent wiring.
- Multi plug adapters must be of the approved type and used in an approved manner.
- It is not acceptable to jump from adapter to adapter. Multi plug adapters must plug directly into the wall receptacle.
- Exit signs must be illuminated either internally or externally. Exit signs must be capable of maintaining illumination for not less than 90 minutes after power outages. Bulbs for these exit signs can normally be found at most hardware stores.
Building Address Requirements
- New and existing buildings shall have approved address numbers, building numbers or approved building identification placed in a position that is plainly legible and visible from the street or road fronting the property. These numbers shall contrast with their background. Address numbers shall be Arabic numerals or alphabet letters. Numbers shall be a minimum of 4 inches high with a minimum stroke width of 0.5 inch.
Click here for full list of inspection requirements. For specific rules pertaining to special hazards or cooking please contact Sandy Fire Department's Fire Marshal at (801) 568-2930.