Location and Exits
- Daycare units shall not be located above the second story.
- Two means of egress must be provided if located in a basement or on the second level, one of which shall discharge directly to the outside.
- Clients under the age of two shall not be located above or below the first story unless;
- There is a direct exit to the outside and it complies with IFC Section 1009, Section 1010 or Section 1023.
- Unit is located in split entry or split level type home in which stairs to the lower level and upper level are equal or nearly equal.
- Rooms used for sleeping or napping shall have at least one window (minimum 24 inches high by 20 inches wide) or a door approved for emergency escape.
- Exit door must be able to be opened from the inside without a key or special knowledge and minimum effort.
- All designated exits and exit ways must remain clear and unobstructed at all times.
- Exit doors must open fully with minimum effort.
- Fire extinguishers are to be located on each floor occupied by clients.
- Fire extinguisher must be in a cabinet or mounted at a maximum height above the floor as indicated in the IFC.
- Fire extinguisher must be unobstructed at all times or signs are needed to indicate location of fire extinguisher.
- The proper type (rating and size) must be provided, minimum 2A 10BC or as indicated in IFC 906.3 and IFC 10.
- Fire extinguisher must be inspected and certified annually or after use.
- Smoke detectors maintained in good operating condition on each level occupied by clients.
- Storage must be kept a minimum of 30 inches from electrical panels.
- Combustible material shall not be stored in boiler rooms, electrical or mechanical equipment rooms.
- Heating equipment in spaces occupied by children shall be provided with partitions, screens or other means to protect children from hot surfaces or open flames.
- Extension cords must not be used as substitute for permanent wiring.
- Extension cords and flexible cords must be used properly and not be subjected to physical or environmental damage.
- Protective covers must be in place on all open boxes, outlets and panels.
- All defective wiring, fixtures and appliances must be repaired or replaced.
- Multi-plug adapters and strip plugs must be of approved type and used in approved manner.
- Electrical control panels and room must be properly marked to indicate purpose.
- Current Sandy City Business License for location and type of business.
- Premises identification requires approved address or numbers.