Plea in Abeyance
Eligible violators may be able to have their guilty plea held in abeyance and ultimately dismissed rather than posted as a conviction by attending a traffic class.
The Sandy City Prosecutor has given blanket authorization for minor traffic violators to enter a "Plea-in-Abeyance" before the Sandy Justice Court provided certain eligibility requirements are met.
- No more than one other minor moving traffic violation conviction anywhere within the last 24 months. The court will check your record!
- You must not have attended a traffic class for a violation or entered into a plea-in-abeyance agreement in any court within the last 24 months.
- This citation must NOT be for any of the following:
- Any alcohol or drug related violation
- Reckless driving or racing
- More than 30 mph in a school zone
- Speeding +25 mph over the limit
- Multiple moving violations
- Any other serious mandatory court appearance violation
If you meet the above criteria, contact the Sandy Justice Court between 5-14 days from the citation date at (801) 568-7160 to verify eligibility. There is an additional traffic school fee paid to the authorized provider in addition to the amount of bail and surcharges.
Pay a Fine
View your options for paying a fine.
Set A Trial
If you are contesting a traffic citation, you may request a trial date to have the matter heard by a judge. Call the court at (801) 568-7160 for instructions.