Providing exceptional parks, trails, recreation programs, and facilities to enhance the environment and the lives of the people we serve.
Programs, Events, Sports, & Activities
Inside the Summer Brochure
Click the Brochure image above for more information on listed programs!
|All Fitness Level!|
|Starts: June 4th||Time: 6:15 am|
|Days: Mon, Wed, Friday|
|Location: Flat Iron – 1700 E. 8600 S.|
|Mom and Stroller|
|Starts: June 5th||Time: 9:00 am|
|Days: Tuesday, Thursday|
|Location: Lone Peak – 10140 S. 700 E.|
Grit League, LLC
Grit League is an Obstacle Course Racing (OCR) company providing kids an opportunity to experience the physical and mental aspects of Obstacle Course Racing. Grit League believes in the power inside of kids to take on challenges and obstacles on the course and apply it to the obstacles and challenges of life. Grit League provides an environment to work with kids and to have them experience success in the face of challenge.
Kids are divided up in age groups to work with and compete with kids their own age using obstacles much like a Spartan Race or a Ninja Warrior course. We do not use any obstacles such as ice baths or electric shock. This is an 8 week season and does involve competition each week. There are awards for the competitive group.
|Ages: Kindergarten to HS Seniors|
|Dates: Tuesday mornings beginning June 12|
|Cost: Competitive $99 or Open $79 per participant|
7:30 am for Comp & Sr. 7th - high school grades;
8:30 am for Comp Jr. 3rd - 6th grades;
9:30 am for Open Sr. 4th-12th grades;
10:30 am for Open Jr. K-4rd grades.
Each participant will receive a Grit League Race shirt. Arm bans will be awarded for weekly challenges. Register online or for more information go to our website at gritleaguesandy.eventbrite.com.
Chess Wizards Camp
Chess Wizards is a premier chess education company providing fun, informative and challenging chess lessons to students. Children learn many important life concepts, such as learning the ability to win graciously and accept defeat with dignity and sportsmanship. Students will be divided into groups according to their chess experience. At the end of the session, each student will have the chance to participate in a mini-chess tournament. Classes are for 5 - 13 year olds.
| Camp 1: June 25 - 29 9 am - 3 pm
Location: Parks & Rec - 440 E. 8680 S.
| Camp 2: July 16 - 20 9 am - 3 pm
Location: Bicentennial Indoor Pavilion - 530 E. 8680 S.
|Cost: $300 per person|
Each child will receive the following: Trophy, Chess Wizards T-shirt, Folder of Puzzles. Register online or in the office.
Sandy Race Series
- Race Series Flyer
- Registration Form
- Online Registration
- Fiesta 5K - May 5, 2018
- 4th of July 5K - July 4, 2018
- Midnight Moon 5K - July 27, 2018
- Turkey Trot 5K - November 10, 2018
AUGUST - SEPTEMBER
- CPR, First Aid, & CERT Training Classes
- Self Defense & Safety Awareness - every Thursday night
- Ballroom, Latin, Swing, and Salsa Lessons
- Spock's Skate Camp - starts August 3
- ACSC Swim Lessons - starts August 6
- ACSC Tennis Lessons - starts August 6
- Dog & Cat Clinic - August 9
- Hot Air Balloon Festival - August 10 & 11
- Play it Safe at the Skate Park - August 13
- Junior Firefighter Academy - August 14
- Run Elevated Half Marathon - August 18
- Start Smart Classes - starts August 21
- Scout Class Nation - August 21
- ACSC Adult Tennis League - starts Sept. 5
- Heritage Festival - September 8
- Dippin' Dogs - September 8
- Carnival Party at the Skate Park - Sept. 10
- ACSC Racquetball League - starts Sept. 11
- Dippin' Dogs - September 15
- Scout Class World - September 18
- Women's Safety Presentation - Sept. 18
- Family Skate at the Skate Park - Sept. 24