Welcome To Our Summer And Rebel Camps!
The Summer and Rebel Camps for children ages 5-15 are a great way to keep your kids engaged during their summer break. Youth will experience plenty of active play through games, sports and various activities. Each week includes two field trips, three days of swimming, and arts and crafts. Campers will need to bring a cold sack lunch every day.
Pre-registration is required. Registration will be available online in March, 14 at 6:00AM. The registration form will be available per age group below once registration opens. Please start by reading the parent information in the expanding sections at the bottom of the page.
NOTE: We've streamlined the enrollment process and it is NO LONGER required to create an account. Thank you!
Parent Information: Please read the content below as you will need to acknowledge and agree to the terms in the online enrollment form
You may click here to download a pdf copy of the Parent Pack Information
Summer/Rebel Camp (Ages 5-15) The hours are 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday. You will need to sign your child in and out as well as supply your child with a cold sack lunch every day. All activities will be during the hours of 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Specifics on activities include departure time and arrival time, where and when the activity will be occurring and specifics on activity will be specified in the monthly calendar before onsite, offsite activities and swimming activities occur.
I recognize the program/activity described above may cause my child to experience some degree of physical and/or mental stress. I state to the best of my knowledge my child is free from any known heart, lung or other serious health problems which could prevent him or her from safely participating in the program/activity. I further state he or she is sufficiently physically fit to safely participate in the program/activity.
Health and Safety
- Parent and/or guardian must register their child. Prior registration is required. We are not a Drop Off Child Care Facility.
- Communication between the Youth Program Child Care Coordinator and the parent is very important.
- Youth Program Child Care Coordinator will communicate about good and bad behavior from your child. Likewise, communication from the parent to the Youth Program Child Care Coordinator about your child is appreciated.
- We are a State Licensed Day Care Facility and must meet State Requirements to have the Child Admission Agreement and current Child Health Assessment on file for each child. Before we can allow your child to attend SUMMER/REBEL CAMP PROGRAM we must have completed the online enrollement form for your child's age group.
- You will need to sign your child in and out every day, with your full signature and time.
- To ensure children are only released to authorize individuals, the camp counselor will ask for your ID until they know who you are. If someone different is going to pick up your child, they will be asked to show their ID and the camp counselor will check to make sure they are on the release form you filled out. You may also call the Youth Program Child Care Coordinator to let them know ahead of time if someone else is going to be picking up your child.
- Children who have written permission to walk home must sign out and have a counselor’s initials next to their name before they leave Alta Canyon Sports Center property.
- Your child should come ready to play with appropriate closed toe shoes on.
- Children must bring cold sack lunches daily during Summer/Rebel Camp. If lunches are forgotten, we will try to get a hold of the parent/guardian. If we cannot get a hold of the parent/guardian then we will put some snack food together for your child.
- Sunscreen must be worn at all times. Children should arrive with sunscreen already applied. Children should also bring sunscreen to camp to re-apply throughout the day as well as before and during swimming. Alta Canyon Sports Center and its employees are not allowed to provide sunscreen for your child.
- Hand washing policy is to ensure children wash their hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with hand sanitizer or liquid soap and warm running water at the following times: (a) before and after eating meals and snacks; (b) after using the bathroom: (c) after coming into contact with body fluid; (d) when coming in from outdoors.
- If your child is sick, has an infectious disease or parasite, you need to notify the Youth Program Child Care Coordinator immediately before bringing and dropping off your child at the facility. At the appropriate time it will be discussed what steps need to be taken.
- If your child is throwing up or has a fever they will not be accepted into our care for 24 hours.
- Parents must notify the Youth Program Child Care Coordinator a month in advance.
- Alta Canyon Sports Center can discharge at any time.
Please Explain The Following Guidelines To Your Child:
- Always listen your camp counselor(s).
- Always be in eye’s view of your camp counselor(s).
- No running in the hallways or upstairs.
- Children will wash hands each time they transition from one area to the next.
- Children will be reapplying sunscreen every hour or half hour while swimming. (Put your child’s name on the bottle with duct tape so it does not come off).
- All equipment must be picked up when finished and returned to a camp counselor.
- Children must ask for permission to get a drink, going to the bathroom, etc.
- Do not bring items from home.
- Children are not allowed to telephone home or work unless they have written permission for the day.
- No guns, knives, or lighters will be permitted.
- Children are not allowed to use or have their personal cell phone while in our care.
- Children may bring money for the vending machine or snack bar and can only use their money during designated times. Children may also bring money on field trips, for games, etc.
- Children are to respect ACSC building property, the staff, the other children and patrons of The Center.
- Alta Canyon is not responsible for lost or stolen valuables and/or money.
- Our “direct care” program states children must remain with their counselor at all times. A child may not leave his/her group at any time without permission.
- No leaning over the railing or observation deck.
- Always keep things inside your cubby.
- You must ask for permission to go into the cubby room.
- Do not climb on furniture.
- Put chairs away after using them.
- No throwing stuff into the courts from upstairs.
- Never throw equipment towards observation deck.
- Never leave courts without permission.
- No climbing trees.
- No climbing on or up the slide.
- No jumping off the playground equipment.
- Cannot be on top of the monkey bars.
- No throwing sand, wood chips or rocks, etc.
- No sitting in the windows.
- Leave the blinds alone.
- No sitting on or under the sinks.
- Do not leave any personal items in the locker room or at the pool.
- Follow all posted pool rules.
- No horseplay on the deck or in the water.
- No dunking.
- Get permission before: Purchasing from the snack bar. | Going to the bathroom. | Going to the diving board, slide or splash pad
If a child exhibits an inappropriate behavior the following action will take place according to the situation, but not necessarily in this order:
- Talking with them
- Time Outs
- Taking them to The Youth Program Child Care Coordinator or The Program/Aquatics Coordinator
- Calling the Parent or Legal Guardian(s)
- Verbal Warning
- Written Warning
On the Child Health Assessment at the bottom of the page. Parent/Guardian may sign to give permission for activities, videos and photographs to be taken of the program participant for use in public media as well as official Sandy City publicity, such as Sandy City web site, publications, displays and presentations.
Program Refund Policy
- Please Note: NO REFUNDS or CREDITS for any missed days, including vacations or sick days.
- $100 Registration Fee Per Month/Child for Summer/Rebel Camp is NON REFUNDABLE.
- Month(s) paid in full are NON REFUNDABLE.
- All monthly payments must be made a month in advance in order to keep your spot for the next month. If not paid a month ahead your child’s spot can be filled by another person.
- If you have any inquiries regarding the program, please contact The Youth Program Child Care Coordinator, Program/Aquatics Coordinator, and/or The Center Manager immediately.
In the event a parent/guardian is unhappy with the treatment of a child or the service level offered by the staff, they should speak with The Youth Program Child Care Coordinator. If this meeting does not satisfy the concerns of the parents, they may speak with The Center Manager.
Payments and Fees
|Fee Schedule||Member Rate||Non-Member Rate|
|Registration Fee Per Month/Child Non-Refundable||$100 per month per child. Due at the time of Registration. Non-Refundable||$100 per month per child. Due at the time of Registration. Non-Refundable|
|June 7 – 28||Plus $400 Due May 1||Plus $442 Due May 1|
|July 1 - 31||Plus $455 Due June 1||Plus $497 Due June 1|
|August 1 – 16||Plus $340 Due July 1||Plus $382 Due July 1|
|Late Pick – Up Fees|
|6:00 p.m. – 6:05 p.m.||$1 per child|
|6:06 p.m. – 6:10 p.m.||$2 per child|
|6:11 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.||$3 per child|
|6:16 p.m. – Time of pick up||$1 per child per minute|
*We will not have care on the following days:
- Independence Day | July 4, 2019
- Pioneer Day | July 24, 2019