- To provide Sandy City Police Officers with on-scene and/or follow up support for victims, survivors and witnesses of crime; to be a resource to Sandy City Police Officers.
- To provide education and outreach to the Sandy community pertaining to personal safety and victim issues and rights.
Services offered by the Victim Assistance Program
The program offers the following confidential services FREE of charge:
- Victim Advocates are available to respond 24 hour, 365 days per year to emergencies in the Sandy community either by telephone or in person; at the scene of the incident or alternate location under extreme circumstances.
- Court advocacy for those victims involved in the judicial system. This includes involvement with the Sandy Justice Court as well as Third District Court.
- Victim Advocates also offer assistance to victims seeking a protective order.
- Provide support for all victims of violent crime.
- Information and referral services for counseling, support groups, financial assistance, food banks, child care, legal assistance along with a variety of other resources.
- A crisis line is available for victims to call for information, referrals, support or immediate emergency intervention. That number is: (801)568-6099.
Again, these services are completely free of charge and confidential.
There are several ways to contact a Victim Advocate:
- Visit the Sandy Police Department during normal business hours.
- Call one of the Victim Advocates at (801)568-7283, (801)568-4627 or (801)568-4628 during normal business hours.
- Email our Sandy Victim Advocates at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Look at Teen Dating Violence
This twenty-minute video has been produced to help increase awareness and understanding of Teen Dating Violence.
To receive a complimentary copy, please contact Cindy Roberts at 801-568-7219.
If you would like a copy mailed out to you, please send your request for a copy and a check for $2.50 to cover postage to:
Sandy Police Department
Attn: Cindy Roberts
10000 S. Centennial Pkwy Ste 111
Sandy, UT 84070