The Sandy City 50/50 Concrete Replacement Program offers residents an immediate and economical way to repair or replace broken sidewalks, drive approaches, and / or curb and gutter located in front of their property.
City sidewalk, drive approaches, and curb and gutter, located within the city right-of-way must show any of the following signs of deterioration.
Sidewalk and drive approach:
- 3 or more cracks per panel
- 25% spalling or breaking into chips
- Vertical or horizontal displacement of ½ inch or more between panels
- Holes that have become a safety hazard
Curb and gutter:
- Spalls or depressions which cause water to pond and in winter form ice pockets
Driveways and house walks (concrete walkways between the home and the street) - these are the homeowner's responsibility since they are on private property. (See drawing on page 2).
- Homeowner is encouraged to contact Public Works at 801-568-2999.
- A City representative will visit the site to determine if it is eligible for participation in the 50 / 50 Program.
- Once the site has been determined "eligible," the City representative will complete a Concrete Reimbursement Form that outlines the estimated cost for concrete replacement under the program. (A completed copy will be emailed to the resident).The homeowner then hires a licensed contractor to perform the work.
- Either the homeowner or contractor must obtain a permit from the Public Works Department. If a permit is not obtained prior to completing the work, the reimbursement will be forfeited.
- Once the work is complete, contact Public Works at 801-568-2999 for a final inspection.The work must meet Sandy City Standard Specifications.
- Homeowner will pay the contractor in full. Once the contractor has been paid, bring a copy of the Reimbursement Form, IRS Form W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification), permit, and proof of payment (a copy of the invoice-showing bill has been paid in full) to:
Sandy City Public Works
8775 South 700 West.
- Once payment is verified, a reimbursement check will be mailed to the applicant for the amount agreed upon on the Reimbursement Form.
Reimbursement will occur on a first-come-first-served basis. Funding is available at this time, but once the funding is exhausted, the 50/50 Program will not be available until funding is secured in the future.