The 2019 Fall Bulk Waste collection begins on September 9 and continues through mid-November. Watch for your card in the mail and please follow the guidelines as listed below.
1 Place bulk waste curbside no sooner than the Saturday prior to your scheduled collection date (no later than 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled date).
2 Do not put waste on the parkstrip, against a fence, on top of a utility box or storm water inlet grate.Put the pile in the street.
3 Place all green waste (shrubs, branches, wood) in one pile. Place all other trash into a separate pile (two feet away).
4 Don't park within 15 feet of either pile, to allow the loader to have enough space to work.
5 Loose material (leaves, twigs, pine needles, wood chips, etc.) must be placed inside trash bags or boxes.
6 Lawnmowers and other similar items must have the oil and gasoline removed.
7 55-gallon containers must be emptied and have either the tops removed or be cut in half.
8 All materials including tree limbs and stumps should be cut into 4 foot lengths and be no more than 18" in diameter.
9 If you hire a landscaper or contractor to do work at your home, they are responsible for removing and disposing all debris.
10 Hauling bulk waste to another location is considered illegal dumping. If you see illegal dumping, please get the license plate number and contact the Police Department at 801-799-3000.
Items Sandy City WILL NOT pick up
- Rocks, concrete, gravel, dirt or sod.
- Construction debris such as sheet rock, tiles, glass, roofing materials or bricks.
- Vehicle parts, tires or propane tanks.
- Oil, gas, batteries, paint, flammable, toxic or hazardous chemicals. For disposal of household hazardous waste call Salt Lake County Health Department at (385) 468-3862.
- Items containing a refrigerant such as Freon (refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners) must have the chemical removed by a professional and a copy of the receipt must be attached to it.
A few final notes
- For items that can be reused, please consider recycling them at a local charity.
- Scavenging through piles is discouraged.
- If you see waste placed curbside sooner than the Saturday before the scheduled collection date, please contact Code Enforcement at 801-568-7254.
- Again, this service is unavailable to businesses, apartments, condominiums, mobile home parks, or anyone not a resident of Sandy City.
If you have any questions about this, or the City's year-round dumpster program, please contact the Public Works Department at 801-568-2999.