How to Use CityServe
“Sandy City: CityServe” a free, simple, and intuitive online and smart phone application that enables the residents of Sandy City to identify quality-of-life and environmental issues and report them to the appropriate department for quick resolution. The application uses your smart phone’s global positioning system (GPS) to automatically provide the issue's location, simplifying the reporting process for both you and city staff. Once you have submitted an issue, you track resolution efforts within the CityServe app or on the web. CityServe is FREE to download and use.
Basic Step-by-Step Instructions:
- Launch the app on your mobile phone (search “Sandy City: CityServe” on your Android or Apple device)
- Click “Create a Request” on the home screen & log into your account
- Select an issue category (graffiti, pothole, etc.)
- Provide the address of where the issue is located or let the app map find your GPS location
- Snap a picture and/or video and attach to the service request
- Select submit
- You will receive email/app notification that your request has been received
- You will receive updates as to the status and completion of the request
Tips for Using CityServe:
- Stay safe; don't attempt to use CityServe (or any app for that matter) while driving.
- Be sure that the GPS feature on your device is turned on. Also, the app works much better outdoors than it does indoors.
- Try to provide additional comments such as streets, cross-streets, or landmarks.
- Avoid zooming in too far when taking the photograph. Try to include any identifying or distinguishing objects that are nearby.
- Please do not submit duplicate requests with multiple photos. Submit the single best photo or ticket representing the issue and include comments for multiple tags.
- Check your data plan for photo and app usage limits.